Vision & Values
Vision and Values
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
At Belsay School we aim to provide an excellent education using the best educational philosophy and practice so that each child is equipped to achieve their full potential in all areas of the curriculum.
- Aiming High
- Working Together
- Achieving Excellence
Every month we also focus on a very specific value. You can read more about them here.
- Create a secure and happy environment where children are successful, creative and independent learners
- Inspire and nurture aspirations, encouraging children to broaden their horizons, fulfil their dreams and positively meet challenges
- Encourage children to be inquisitive, ask questions and try their hardest at everything they do
- Provide a rich and exciting curriculum which inspires our children, whilst being matched to their individual needs
- Encourage children to become caring, considerate and independent with a respect for others and a sense of responsibility for their own behaviour
- Cherish our rural school and make valuable contributions to both the school and the wider community
- Recognise parents' essential role in their child's education and work in partnership with them to maximise every child's potential